Change a seat. Change a life.
Children who display very poor posture and sitting balance on conventional seating will often find a Bambach considerably more supportive, and will assume healthier sitting postures. As well as being a highly effective means of increasing independence, optimizing quality of life and preventing the onset of further complications, continued use of the Bambach will act as a therapy and will improve trunk control, sitting balance, and both lower and upper limb function.
The Bambach Saddle Seat is used by Health Professionals worldwide as a therapeutic tool to manage and improve the lives of children as young as 2 years old, all the way through to adult, with numerous conditions including:
|Cerebral Palsy||Spina Bifida||Muscular Dystrophy||Juvenile Arthritis||Prader-Willi Syndrome||Rett Syndrome||Stickler Syndrome||Scoliosis|
When a child with Spina Bifida is sitting on the Bambach Saddle Seat:
- The hip joint is in its position of maximal joint surface contact (closed pack position).
- Limbs are in a mid-range position which can minimise abnormal tone.
- Focus on pelvic control maintains an upright stable pelvis in its neutral position. In this position the spine, shoulder girdle, trunk, head and neck can function in their most stable position.
- A clear midline assists balance and symmetry.
- The individual sitting upright is in an active dynamic posture rather than a passive collapsed position.
- The Individual has greater control of sensory inputs which can trigger unwanted motor responses.
- Partial weight bearing can be encouraged through to standing from a half-sitting position.
- Dynamic sitting facilitates muscle activity which ensures the stimulation of normal and symmetrical growth of bone and soft tissue.
- Facilitation of independence in sitting and other motor activities.
- Trunk and head control are easier in the natural position so that functional activities, such as swallowing and speech are improved.
- Thoracic, abdominal and pelvic spaces are maximized resulting in improved lung and internal organ function and circulation.
- With the upper body stable and free to move in this upright posture, eye contact, communication and social interaction are a great deal easier.
- Self care activities, such as meals, washing and dressing, writing, computer work, hobbies and playing games, are also more easily performed.
Call freephone 0800 581108 (or Email firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask for a FREE assessment, FREE demonstration, and FREE 14 day trial, and see how effective the Bambach Saddle Seat can be.